H3N2 virus is recently identified in several hospitals in the last few days. It has been circulating widely and rapidly for the past couple of months. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has confirmed details about it. After certain research on this flu, they announced that H3N2 is a sub-type of the Influenza virus.
In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary details about this Virus and important measures that will help to prevent this flu.
According to the IMA team, this flu is seasonal and the effect of this flu lasts for at least 5 to 7 days. It is commonly found to be seen among children or people above 50 years. With proper medication, the affected patients can be cured. The ICMR confirmed that people suffering from constant fever, cold, cough, headaches, and breathless kinds of symptoms must be tested for the H3N2 Influenza virus.
In case you feel that the symptoms of this virus match your current symptoms, then you must visit your nearby Doctor for a check-up.
WHAT IS H3N2 Virus?
H3N2 is a subtype of viruses that causes Influenza. It is mostly seen in people below 15 years and above 50 years. Currently, it is widely spreading among people and some patients reported breathing issues. The symptoms of this virus are quite similar to that of Covid and seasonal flu. The H3N2 causes more hospitalization and respiratory issues than its other subtypes.
Reasons for H3n2 spreading so fast?
Some of the reasons behind the rapid spread of this virus are:
- Contraction with infected people.
- Spending more time in the crowd.
- No proper use of face mask.
- Coughing and sneezing publicly.
- Seasonal change.
- Unhygienic hands.
- Flu vaccination.
- Sore Throat
- Muscle and Body aches
- Runny nose and sneezing
Treatment for H3N2 Influenza
According to an expert, the affected patients can be treated with Oseltamivir, Zanamivir, Peramivir, and Baloxavir under the guidance of a physician.
Proper vaccination must be taken in order to prevent such flu. You can also visit the hospital for checkups and take advice from the doctor.
H3N2 Virus causing Flu Prevention
- Antibiotics like Athreycin and Amoxiclav should not be consumed regularly. Frequent taking of antibiotics causes antibiotic resistance.
- Annual flu vaccination should be taken.
- Masks should be used in crowded places in order to avoid any type of direct interaction.
- Regularly sanitize your hands before consuming food or after shaking hands with others.
- Avoid touching your nose and mouth after sneezing or coughing.
- Staying hydrated is healthy for better health.